Sabi Sabi Game Reserve
Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve – Why photographers love it
- Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve has been family owned for 40 years and there is a wonderful camaraderie amongst the staff many of whom have worked here for more than 15 years.
- The private concession is part of the Sabi Game Reserve which adjoins the Greater Kruger National Park
- Big Five viewing is excellent
- Guests can choose between 4 different lodges each of which offers a very different experience
- Guiding is excellent and they use trackers and radio contact to find game
How we rate Sabi Sabi
Sabi Sabi at a glance
The photos in this feature were taken at Bush Lodge which is the main camp and has a wonderful African atmosphere with wonderful living areas overlooking a very productive waterhole. Dine in the relaxed boma and enjoy breakfast and lunches in the main dining area.
Sabi Earth Lodge is a 5-star uber luxurious camp and great for romantic bush experiences with a state of the art design, excellent dining and service and rooms which are lavishly furnished and have private swimming pools. There are wonderful dining areas in a boma, on the lawns and when its hot you can have lunches with your feet in a pool.
Selati Bush Camp is a smaller lodge with a theme that takes its name from the original railway that ran through the park towards Kruger National Park.
Little Bush Camp is a very intimate camp with wonderful areas. A first choice for small groups.
The private reserve is within the Sabi Game Reserve and part of the Greater Kruger National Park. It has a network of dirt roads that let you explore the different areas.
- June to October (winter) is the dry season and best for predator activity.
- November to May (summer) offers wonderful birding, moody skies and lush vegetation.
But this area has great game viewing all your round
- Sabi Sabi is close to Skukuza (45 minutes) and 90 minutes from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport. Both of these centres have airports.
Costs and logistics
The rates start from R14000 per person per night
Photographers need to know
You will need at least three nights to enjoy this remarkable area.