Why photographers love Duma Tau
- Outstanding wild dogs, lions and elephants
- Located on the Osprey Lagoon in the Linyanti
- Very close to the Savuti Channel
- In a private concession run by Wilderness Safaris
- Day and night game drives
- Game drives and also boating activities
- Near two productive elephant corridors
- Excellent guides
- Modern camp with great facilities
- Wonderful river and lagoon views
How we rate Duma Tau
Duma Tau at a glance
- Eight twin and two family luxury tents, all with great views
- Bathrooms with showers are en suite
- Raised boardwalks connect the rooms
- Modern and sophisticated
- Laundry, drinks included
- Dining is wholesome
- 220-volt charging in rooms
Situated in a private concession of 300 000 hectares in Northern Linyanti, this area is vast. There is a chance of seeing vehicles from Savuti Camp which lies about 30 kilometres away, but other than that, visitors to Duma Tau enjoy pure wilderness.
- The dry season June to October is best for elephants.
- Out of season, the game viewing is great for newborns and migrant birds, and rates are better.
- Elephants and general game can be dispersed during the wetter seasons.
Photographers need to know
- The camp is geared for photographers with excellent guides.
- You will always be spoiled for choice with sightings in the immediate area.
The good news
Duma Tau is part of Wilderness Safaris, a company with some of the best game viewing areas in Botswana and one of the most enviable conservation records. The camp has invested in its water recycling, solar power and other green initiatives. Wilderness Air is also excellent.