Why photographers love Kwara
- Excellent value camp for photographers not fussy about accommodation.
- North of Moremi in a private concession
- Very good game viewing year round
- Night drives with spotlight
- Off-road driving permitted
- Excellent Land Cruisers and 3 rows of 3 seats
- Great guides and one of the few camps to use trackers – they are awesome
- Great predators including lion, cheetah, hyena, leopard and wild dog
- Boat trips to the Godikwe Lagoon excellent for birds
- Mekoro, fishing, game drives, boat trips, walks on offer
How we rate Kwara
Kwara at a glance
- 8 tents with on decks connected by paths
- Dining and public areas are spacious and modern
- Swimming pool
- Central 220v charging in dining area
Situated in the 175 000 hectare Kwando Concession north of Moremi Game Reserve. It’s a fantastic wilderness only guests staying at Little Kwara may be seen.
- Game viewing season best from May (arrival of flood waters) to November (start of the rains).
- December good for young animals
- February March and April very green good cloud build-ups (some rain) and excellent birds.
What Kwara costs
- Rates from $450 per person per night sharing from December to March. No single supplement.
- Flights to Maun (30 minutes) and Kasane (45 minutes) at approx $140 a leg.
Photographers need to know
Charging of batteries is done in a central charging area. The camp has not been refurbished for 10 years.
The good news
Kwando has retained some of the original spirit of safari that has been lost in many areas. I love the fact that they still use trackers