This wonderful camp is situated on the Khwai River in the Mababe Area and is well positioned on the route from Maun to Savuti adjacent to Moremi and Chobe National Parks. It has its own private concession and has permanent water attracting lion, wild dog, buffalo, large numbers of elephants as well as other game. It also offers SADC and self-drive rates with and without activities
- Machaba at a glance
- 12 luxury tents with en-suite bathrooms; paths connect the units.
- Dining and public areas are spacious and modern.
- Swimming pool.
- A private villa for small groups
- 220v charging in rooms.
When to go
- Game-viewing is best from May to November)
- December is a good month to see young animals.
- From February to April, the area is very green, with good cloud build-ups (some rain) and excellent bird sightings.
- A 2-hour drive from Maun by 4×4.
- A 30-minute flight from Maun.