About Photos & Africa
We are a passionate team united by our love of Africa, its wild places, safaris, conservation, and of course photography. Our mission is to give you great value, honest service and an amazing experience.
We have visited and personally assessed every one of the lodges and experiences in the Photos and Africa collection. And as you can see from our ratings, we are very honest about our feelings about each one of them. It’s not just about the facilities in a lodge, it’s the beauty of the landscape, the quality of the wilderness experience, the attitude of the guides, the numbers of vehicles on the property and so much more. We want to help you get into the right place at the right time. To help you build your perfect itinerary, we will get to know you first: Would you like to travel in a group? Where would you like to visit? Where have you visited previously? So please make contact with us and let us help you have a great African safari.
Why book with us:
- Our service is quick, professional, knowledgeable and centered around your interests and budget.
- You will never pay extra by using our services but often less than what is advertised.
- We are often able to negotiate preferred rates and offer you low season specials.
- We can help you to get the best photographic guides in certain lodges.
- We can recommend hides, activities and special locations that are not common knowledge.
Meet our Team
David Rogers – Safari Planner and Photographic Guide
David Rogers is a successful wildlife and landscape photographer, author, photographic teacher and guide. With the development of Photos&Africa, David is now helping people get to the right places at the right times to photograph Africa’s best wilderness areas. His career following his passions has led him to achieve the following:
- After his degree in environmental science, he embarked on a lengthy career as a photojournalist for Getaway magazine with some 200 features and 24 covers.
- David has written 12 books, which focus on Africa’s greatest destinations, landscapes, safari lodges and photography.
- As a freelance journalist, he has written many features for leading magazines such as Africa Geographic, Geo, Travel Africa, National Geographic Traveller and Conde Nast USA.
- David has been guiding as a private photographic guide for some 12 years, specializing in Zambia, Kenya, Botswana and South Africa. He also runs workshops in Cape Town.
- David has done commercial photo shoots for many of the top safari lodges in Africa, which are featured in his 6 books on safari lodges.
- He founded the Steenberg Photographic Club in Cape Town.
- He developed Photos&Africa–a portal for photographers looking for the best opportunities in Africa.
- David lives in Cape Town with his wife Jenni and their two boys; together they travel and research great African experiences for their community.
Jenni Saunders – Marketing and Safari Planner
Jenni has notched up some 30 years of safari lodge management, hotel grading, travel marketing and consulting, tour operating and management in media. She is married to photographer David Rogers, and together they have pooled their knowledge to develop and run Photos&Africa and it’s sister company Villas&Africa. Jenni and David operate from Cape Town, have two boys, and together they travel constantly in different parts of Africa in search of new experiences, great lodges and firsthand knowledge to pass on to their community. Jenni’s CV includes:
- Jenni specializes in family travel and, especially, kids on safari.
- She developed and manages Villas&Africa–a handpicked collection of private city and safari villas in Africa.
- Jenni has managed safari lodges in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Malawi and Zimbabwe as well as ran mobile overland safaris. She also owned and managed her own guest house in Knysna.
- She assessed and graded hotels and lodges for The Portfolio Collection.
- Jenni developed and managed Getaway magazine’s new travel division–Getaway Travel.
- She is the former travel manager and commercial director of Africa Geographic magazine and managed the marketing collateral for Wilderness Safaris, Africa’s biggest safari operator.
Jon-Erik Munro – Designer and Print Specialist
Jon-Erik graduated City Varsity with a diploma in Professional Photography, specialising in studio lighting and portraiture. Jon-Erik has been working with David Rogers for more than eight years. Additionally:
- Jon-Erik co-owns and manages the Photographer’s Print Room–a photographic printing service focused on art prints.
- He is very knowledgeable in post-production and fine art printing and is an expert in Adobe Lightroom.
- Jon-Erik helps with photographic tuition, particularly lecturing on Lightroom, and he runs the Steenberg Photographic Club.
- Additionally Jon-Erik works commercially as a photographer, specialising in landscape photography, documentary style wedding photography and interiors.
- See more of Jon-Erik’s work on his website.